Region 2-1A championship
Blountstown (7-4) at Liberty County (9-2), 6:30 p.m. CST today
- How they advanced:Blountstown — Andrew Bennett kicked a field goal, Chason Roulhac scored a touchdown and the Tigers’ defense did the rest in a 10-0 victory over Holmes County in the regional semifinal; Liberty County — Alex Marlowe rushed for 222 yards and scored twice, as the Bulldogs punished Bozeman for early mistakes in a 26-7 win.
- Previous meeting:Dustin Watson passed for 98 yards and two first-half touchdowns in guiding Liberty County to a 20-7 victory over Blountstown in a key District 4-1A matchup Oct. 19. Liberty County went on to win the district title and the right to host tonight’s rematch.
- All-time playoff records:Blountstown — 21-16 with three 2A state titles (‘73, ‘76, ‘77); Liberty County — 12-17.
- Notes:Both of these teams were eliminated in the regional semifinal (first round) last season. … Blountstown seeks its first state semifinal trip since 2006 in coach Greg Jordan’s first season. … Liberty County last advanced to a state semifinal in 1998 under coach Richard Kennedy. … The Tigers have shut out their opponents in three of their last four games. … The Bulldogs have won eight in a row after starting 1-2. … Blountstown has won three of its past four games. … This is the first postseason meeting between the schools. … The Bulldogs are 11-6 in home playoff games, while the Tigers are 9-11 on the road.
- Up next:Freeport (6-5) or Bratt Northview (8-3) in the Class 1A state semifinal Nov. 30.