The following is a list of area athletes now playing college or professional football. Statistics and team records are through Oct. 27, unless noted.
- Andre Allen (Arnold), Coffeyville Community College, RB, Fr., 5-9, 188 — Allen had 16 carries for 131 yards and two touchdowns, one reception for minus-3 yards and two kickoff returns for 98 yards and a touchdown in a 54-47 win over Garden City. He has 130 carries for 673 yards and two touchdowns, five receptions for 35 yards and eight kickoff returns for 216 yards and a touchdown for the Ravens (5-2).
- Bradley Battles (Marinna), USF, RB, Jr., 5-9, 188 — Battles has one carry for minus-1 yard for the Bulls (2-6).
- Blake DeBoard (Arnold), Cumberland University, RB, So., 5-8, 181 — DeBoard had 10 carries for 53 yards, one reception for 9 yards and one kickoff return for 25 yards in a 32-30 loss to Bethel University. He has 64 carries for 434 yards and one touchdown, eight receptions for 64 yards and 11 kickoff returns for 179 yards for the Bulldogs (6-3).
- Deonte Dunklin (Bay), Northland Community and Technical College, WR, Fr., 6-2 — No statistics available.
- Mark Grant (Mosley), West Alabama, PK, Fr., 5-7, 160 — Grant has yet to attempt a kick for the Tigers (6-2).
- Jeremy Hester (Arnold), Southern Mississippi, RB, Jr., 5-6, 172 — Hester had eight carries for 7 yards in a 44-14 loss to Rice. He has 34 carries for 131 yards and four receptions for 23 yards for the Eagles (0-8).
- Chris Jackson (Arnold), FAU, FB, Jr., 6-1, 230 — Jackson has yet to have a carry for the Owls (2-6).
- Jarod Lee (Mosley), Troy, RB, Jr., 6-0, 232 — Lee has four receptions for 57 yards for the Trojans (4-4)
- T.J. Lowder (Bay), FIU, WR, Fr., 5-11, 182 — Lowder had one reception for 4 yards in a 14-6 loss to Western Kentucky. He has one reception for 4 yards for the Panthers (1-8).
- Triston McCathern (Mosley), Faulkner University, RB, Jr., 5-6, 165 — McCathern had 10 carries for 10 yards and one reception for minus-3 yards in a 35-0 loss to Belhaven. He has 88 carries for 374 yards and eight touchdowns, 13 receptions for 120 yards and three kickoff returns for 9 yards for the Eagles (5-4).
- Jordan McNair (Port St. Joe, Southern Mississippi), Valdosta State, WR, Jr., 6-3, 182 — McNair has yet to have a reception for the Blazers (7-2).
- Ridge Read (Arnold, Liberty County), Florida State, QB, Jr., 5-11, 190 — Read is a walk-on and has yet to attempt a pass for the Seminoles (8-1).
- DeAndre Richardson (Bay), FAU, WR, Jr., 6-2, 180 — Richardson has yet to have a reception for the Owls (2-6).
- Zach Schaubaut (Chipley, Air Force), FIU, TE, Jr., 6-2, 235 — Schaubaut had two receptions for 29 yards in a 14-6 loss to Western Kentucky. He has two receptions for 29 yards for the Owls (1-8).
- Tommy Stephens (Marianna), Troy, OL, So., 6-2, 251 — Stephens is a backup for the Trojans (4-4).
- Eddie Williams (Mosley, Arnold), Alabama, WR, Fr., 6-3, 204 — Williams has yet to make a reception for the Crimson Tide (8-0).
- Tyquese Briggs (Bay), Northland Community and Technical College, DB, Fr., 6-2 — No statistics available.
- Jordon Byas (Bay), Duke, DB, Sr., 6-1, 195 — Byas had 11 tackles, nine solo and one for loss, in a 48-7 loss to Florida State. He has 59 tackles, 32 solo and four for loss, ½ a sack, two interceptions, two pass breakups, one forced fumble and one pass defended for the Blue Devils (6-3).
- Andre Charles (Arnold), Ave Maria University, LB, So., 5-9, 215 — Charles has two tackles, one solo, and a fumble recovery for the Gyrenes (2-5).
- Cory Cox (Blountstown, North Alabama), Florida State, LB, Sr., 6-1, 221 — Cox is a walk-on and has yet to make a tackle for the Seminoles (8-1).
- Ethan Davis (Mosley), Troy, DB, So., 5-10, 170 — Davis has yet to make a tackle for the Trojans (4-4)
- Johnny Gray (Arnold), Troy, DB, Jr., 5-11, 225 — Gray has yet to make a tackle for the Trojans (4-4).
- Caleb Clayton-Molby (Arnold), Georgia Military, LB, So. — No statistics available.
- Fidel Montgomery (Marianna, Southwest Mississippi Community College), USF, DB, Jr., 6-0, 187 — Montgomery has 13 tackles, 10 solo, and one forced fumble for the Bulls (2-6).
- Calvin Pryor (Port St. Joe), Louisville, DB, So., 6-2, 213 — Pryor had seven tackles, three for loss, one interception and one pass breakup in a 34-31 win over Cincinnati. He has 60 tackles, 34 solo and one for loss, four forced fumbles, two passes defended, two pass breakups and two interceptions for the Cardinals (8-0).
- Khyri Thornton (Bay, Hargrave Military), Southern Mississippi, DL, Jr., 6-3, 324 — Thornton had four tackles, four solo and two for loss, and a forced fumble in a 44-14 loss to Rice. He has 27 tackles, 24 solo and eight for loss, one sack, one forced fumble and one interception for the Eagles (0-8).
- Sean Watson (Rutherford, Baylor), Jacksonville State, DL, So., 6-2, 290 — Watson has nine tackles, three solo and two for loss, for the Gamecocks (5-3).
- Will Witherspoon (Rutherford, Georgia), Tennessee Titans (National Football League), LB, 11th year, 6-1, 240 — Witherspoon has 30 tackles, 17 solo, one interception and one fumble recovery for the Titans (3-5)
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of other area athletes now playing college or professional football is asked to call The News Herald at 747-5065 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org